The Parents and Friends Association at Rosebank College aims to provide a welcoming forum for parents and guardians of children enrolled at the College to be part of the College Community. This is done by:
- Building community by hosting social functions throughout the year such as the Parent Welcome, Year 7 Welcome and Teacher Morning Tea.
- Conducting parent information evenings which provide information relating to education and parenting trends. Previous guest speakers have discussed topics including drugs and cyber bullying.
- Supporting the College at special events (e.g. Open Day, Council Meetings and through letters of support to government agencies)
- Providing hospitality support in the Benedictine tradition at College events such as musicals, liturgies and presentation evenings
- Supporting Rosebank College families in times of stress and grief (e.g. the meal roster)
- Raising funds to be invested in college facilities. In the past this has included solar panels for the school, which saves the planet and the bottom line, and outdoor furniture
A Parents and Friends Association meeting is held each term and all parents, guardians and staff are welcome to attend. The dates for all meetings and functions are published in the school calendar and reminders of coming events are in the College newsletter, with reminders sent by email and SMS.
The Executive of the Association is elected at the AGM held in Term 4 each year. Committees are set up for special projects as required and any member of the association is welcome to join a committee.
Offers of assistance are always warmly accepted by the committee in any capacity. Any help, no matter how big or small is always accepted and appreciated.
Contact the P&F Executive at firstname.lastname@example.org